LINKS TO SAFETY GUIDE SECTIONS:
6. COVID 19
If you have a heart condition, chronic high blood pressure or Tuberculosis, unfortunately we cannot offer you Ayahuasca.
DRUGS AND MEDICATIONS
- Please notify us of ANY medications you are taking or vaccinations within the past month.
- Any medication that contains MAO inhibitors (MAO-Is), Selective Serotonin Re-uptake Inhibitors (SSRIs), and medication that affects the serotonin system, are known to cause harmful side effects when taken in conjunction with Ayahuasca. We advise that you allow yourself 6 weeks free of them before taking Ayahuasca. When coming off medication, always do so under that supervision of a doctor.
The substances listed below are contraindicated with Ayahuasca and could cause serious harm if still in your system. They must be clear of your system for 2-5 weeks prior to a dieta. Some of these substances may cause side effects when you stop taking them, so always consult a doctor first.
- Antihistamines (medicines for colds, sinus problems, hay fever, or allergies)
- Appetite suppressants
- Asthma inhalers
- Breathing medication (e.g. asthma, bronchitis, flu, cold, cough, any drug with DM, DX or -tuss in its name.)
- Central Nervous System drugs (CNS)
- Drugs – All recreational (Cannabis, Cocaine, Ecstacy, MDMA etc.)
- Mescaline (any phenethylamine)
- Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors (any SSRI’s)
- Sympathomimetic amines (including pseudo ephedrine and ephedrine)
This list is not a comprehensive list and we will review any medications you are taking before we confirm your booking. Please be honest and accurate with us for your safety and the safety of others.
HERBAL / HOMEOPATHIC MEDICINE AND SUPPLEMENTS
Please notify us of any herbal or natural medicines you are taking, as well as any supplements.
Certain drugs and medications have been found to be incompatible with Ayahuasca. If you are unsure, please consult your medical practitioner. For your own safety, you should not stop taking prescribed medications without supervision from your doctor,.
The substances listed below are contraindicated with Ayahuasca and could cause serious harm if still in your system. They must be clear of your system for 2-4 weeks prior to a dieta. Some of these substances may cause side effects when you stop taking them, so always consult a doctor first.
- Liquorice root
- Rhodiola rosea
- Scotch broom
- St. John’s wort
Use of marijuana may block or darken your experience. In addition, Ayahuasca and other Plant Medicines amplifies a person’s sensitivity, therefore any negative effects of marijuana can affect not just the person who has taken it, but potentially other participants in the Ayahuasca ceremony too. Please ensure your system is clean of cannabis for 2-4 weeks prior to working with us.
This is not a comprehensive list and we will review what you are taking before we confirm your booking. Please be honest and accurate with us for your safety and the safety of others.
Your safety is our priority. It is therefore essential that you understand that Ayahuasca is safe for most, but there are potential risks involved when taking Plant Medicines, as well as what YOU need to do to take part safely. Although we have not had any complications in the past, we want to keep it that way and we all need to play our part to keep ourselves and each other safe and to have the best possible experience with the Plant Medicine.
Before you book with us, we will ask for your signed confirmation that you have read and understood the information here. We will also ask you to complete a medical form and have a friendly video call with us. We are always happy to answer any questions and to welcome new and experienced people to join us in this sacred and beautiful work.